Wednesday, February 15, 2012

25 days and counting!

30...29...28...27...26...25...

I can't believe I'll be landing in Port-au-Prince in only 25 days!  I'm all set with shots and prescriptions, all that's left now is to buy scrubs, clothes and of course a lot of bug spray.

I'd like to thank everyone who has donated thus far, every bit will help tremendously! I really appreciate it and understand how tough of a period it is right now.

I spoke with the volunteer organizer today and found out that you can also designate what you would like your donation to go towards.  Some of the money I will be using to buy first aid supplies and over the counter medicines but the rest I will be directly donating.  The money could go towards things like pre-natal vitamins, antibiotics and other prescription medications, supplies for the orphanage, etc.
So if you have an idea for where you'd like your money to go please feel free to let me know!


I've heard there's a line at the clinic everyday before it opens.  The only word that comes to mind is overwhelming. 

 With a courtyard already full of patients.

Thanks for the continued support and encouragement,
Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment